As Dostoevsky said in Crime and Punishment, “Everything depends on the environment in which man lives: it is the environment that determines everything, and man is nothing.” We also experience this feeling of nothingness in our contaminated visual world. However, with the magic of light, a figure or landscape can transform and find its meaning in seconds. In my work on light for over 15 years, I photograph people changing at every angle with natural light, artificial light systems and UV lights by reshaping them with light. Using visible and invisible lights, with machines that capture and record light, I try to record a new spirit that is the most important to me alongside the elements of colour, texture and volume. So, using the properties of light in my photographs, I try to carry my soul into portraits that have also a soul. The personality and the physicality of the person I’m working with while photographing, collide with what I want to include and end up having creative consequences in a dynamic that can change at any moment. In summary, I can say that my works are emotional photographs that have been placed on a certain aesthetic level with the seductiveness of poetics.
Burak Bulut is a full-time photographer and photography mentor for over 16 years. He started his career as an art journalist. He met photography during his journalist times, and in 2005, he opened his first photography studio in Istanbul, Turkey. Since 2005 Burak has been working as a commercial photographer for global and domestic brands and has held exhibitions all over Europe. He also has been running a photography school that has trained over 5,000 students. In 2019, he was selected as Imaging Ambassador by Sony Europe. Since then, he has been reselected every year. In the 16 years since he began his career, his fascination with shaping light has not diminished. He is still in love with living in the magical world of photography.
2019: Black Light, Volksbank Gallery, Germany/Heilbronn
2019: In Haste, Volksbank Gallery, Germany/Heilbronn
2016: We Can Do It, Galery 77, Contemporary Istanbul Art Fair, Turkey/Istanbul
2014: In Haste, Pinelo Gallery, Turkey/Istanbul
2014: Peddlers, Tezgahçılar, Turkey/Istanbul
2019: Bodies in Movement, Loosen Art Gallery, Italy/Rome
2015: LandsNude, Artcore Gallery, Greece/Thessaloniki (Curator and Head of Photographer)
2009: II. International Fashion Film Festival, Turkey/Istanbul
2019: Photoshoot Award, Nude Art, Merit
2017: International Photography Awards, Fine Art Photography Honorable Mention.
2012: International Photography Awards, Fine Art Photography Section, Honorable Mention.
Review and Interviews
- 2019: Burak Bulut Yıldırım’ın Sergisi Almanya’da. Artful Living, October 2019.
- 2019: Burak Bulut Yıldırım Fotoğraf Projeleri ile Almanya’da. Gazete Sanat, October 2019.
- 2019: Sich begegnen und zuhören: Türkische Kulturtage in Heilbronn by Claudia Ihlefeld. Stimme DE. October 2019.
- 2019: Türkische Kulturtage 2019 – Kunstausstellung von BURAK BULUT. October 2019.
- 2017: Burak Bulut ile Fotoğraf Sektörü. Reel Sektör Programı, Bloomberg TV.
- 2016: Burak Bulut ile Söyleşi. T Sanat Programı, Kanal T.
- 2016: Fashion Photography Review Burak Bulut. TFF Magazine.
- 2015: Tezgahçılar Üzerine Söyleşi. TimeOut İstanbul.
- 2014: Sosyal Medya ve Fotoğraf Üzerine Burak Bulut’la Söyleşi. TRT Belgesel
- 2013: Burak Bulut’la Fotoğrafçılık Video Söyleşileri Dizisi. Genc Turkcell
- 2013: Fotoğraf ve Sosyal Medya Üzerine Söyleşi. SosyalMedyaNedir.Net
- 2009: Burak Bulut’la Röportaj. Digital Photoline Magazin.
- 2008: Profesyonel Fotoğrafçı Burak Bulut’la Radyo Söyleşisi. Başarı Yolu, TRT Radyo1.
- 2008: Burak Bulut’la Röportaj. Photoshop Magazin.